Cinque Terre is one of the world’s most famous sites and for a good reason. Five magical italian villages, colored in bright pastels and located over a steep hill overlooking the magnificent northern Italian coast. Each of this villages are uniquely delightful – Manarola, Riomaggiore, Corniglia, Vernazza and Monterosso al Mare, which are a must when planning a vacation to Italy. Surrounded by pristine water, natural beauty and an Italian charm you will discover the true Italian way of life – Il dolce far niente, “the sweetness of doing nothing.”
So what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip to Italy!
Popular itinerary in Italy:
1. Riomaggiore – The village sits right on the Gulf of Genoa, and is one of the most stunning villages in Italy. The water surrounding it are clear and tranquil, the buildings are colored with bright colors and the view is picture perfect. Don’t forget to take the Lover’s Lane – Via dell’Amore, the pathway connecting Riomaggiore to Manarola.
2. Manarola – The oldest of the five villages and, Manarola is surrounded by vineyards and a deep blue ocean. Pink and yellow houses gradually descend the cliff towards the little harbor. Don’t forget to taste the local wine, called Sciacchetrà while you stare at the sunset. The Cinque Terre is by far the best road trip with stops to plan.
3. Corniglia – Surrounded by picturesque vineyards and serene terraces, Corniglia is peaceful and tranquil. It is the least touristic of the five, and offers a more authentic environment, with winding roads and little cafes. Visit this tiny village to discover the true Italian way of life – Il dolce far niente, “the sweetness of doing nothing.”
4. Vernazza – The 4th Cinque Terre village is simply breathtaking and might be the most stunning of the bunch. Colorful houses that cling to the steep cliffs, a small pretty harbor and an ancient castle. Relax at the tiny piazza with a glass of local wine and check out the street market every Tuesday morning.
5. Monterosso al Mare – Monterosso is located on top of a hill, and offers amazing panoramic views of the awe-inspiring scenery. The village is the only one in Cinque Terre with its own beautiful beach and a seafront promenade.
Hurry up and book your trip to Cinque Terre because it was lately published that in the future Italy plans to reduce the number of tourists visiting the Cinque Terre!
You might also like – 10 Most Romantic Small Towns In Italy
Also check out – Top 10 Honeymoon Destinations in Italy
And don’t forget – Our Favourite 5 Vineyards in Italy!